Information we collect
When you visit the RoogRog website or use RoogRog Services, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes data on the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you're using, your location, mobile network information, standard web log data and other information. Web log data includes the browser type you're using and traffic to and from our site. When you visit the RoogRog website or use RoogRog Services, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities.
In addition, if you open a RoogRog account or use RoogRog Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your RoogRog account or give us when you use RoogRog Services.
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or national ID number.
In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about your use and interaction with our website or RoogRog Services. For example, we may evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
We may also collect additional information from or about you in other ways, such as through contact with our customer support team, results when you respond to a survey and from interactions with members of the eBay Inc. corporate family or other companies.
We work hard to protect RoogRog and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We offer you two step verification when you access your RoogRog Account, and a Safe Browsing feature in RoogRog Chrome.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to RoogRog employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide RoogRog Services and customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve RoogRog Services and the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our User Agreement;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How we protect and store your personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, Asia, Europe and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
Sharing your personal information with other RoogRog users
To process your payments, we may share some of your personal information with the person or company that you are paying or that is paying you. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received from verified RoogRog users, and whether you have verified control of an account number are provided to other RoogRog users with whom who you transact through RoogRog. In addition, this and other information may also be shared with third parties when you use these third parties to access RoogRog Services. Unless you have agreed to it, these third parties are not allowed to use this information for any purpose other than to enable RoogRog Services.
If someone is sending you money and enters your account number, email address, and phone number, we will provide them your registered name so they can verify they are sending the money to the correct account.
If you are buying goods or services and pay through RoogRog, we may also provide the seller with your shipping and billing address to help complete your transaction. The seller is not allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it. If an attempt to pay your seller fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide your seller with details of the unsuccessful payment. To facilitate dispute resolution, we may provide a buyer with the seller's address so that goods can be returned to the seller.
We work with third parties, including merchants, to enable them to accept or send payments from or to you using RoogRog. In doing so, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your account number, email address or mobile phone number, to inform you that a payment has been sent to you or when you attempt to pay a merchant or third party. We use this information to confirm that you are a RoogRog customer and that RoogRog as a form of payment can be enabled, or to send you notification of payment status.
Please note that merchants, sellers, and users you buy from or contract with have their own privacy policies, and although RoogRog's user agreement does not allow the other transacting party to use this information for anything other than providing RoogRog Services, RoogRog is not responsible for their actions, including their information protection practices.
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you using RoogRog, or with the third parties that offer or use RoogRog Services, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with credit card rules, a subpoena, or other legal process.
Sharing your personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer a product including but not limited to the RoogRog Prepaid Card. These financial institutions may only use this information to market RoogRog-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to RoogRog or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
RoogRog will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
If you open a RoogRog account directly on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a RoogRog website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application. These sites are governed by their own privacy policies and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies before providing them with personal information. RoogRog is not responsible for the content or information practices of such third parties.
Accessing and Updating your personal information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and reviewing your account settings and profile. You can also close your account through the RoogRog website. If you close your RoogRog account, we will mark your account in our database as "Closed," but may retain personal information from your account to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our User Agreement, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by using this form.